Minimum Competency Requirements and Demonstration of Competency and Success:
- Acquiring the specified number of credits
- Successfully completing all prescribed courses
A minimum of two hundred twenty (220) semester credits must be earned.
A student shall have earned no fewer than 50 semester credits per year in each of the first three academic years of high school in order to be considered as progressing satisfactorily toward meeting the minimum competency requirements for high school graduation.
ENGLISH - 40 credits
- English 9 or equivalent 10 credits
- English 10 or equivalent 10 credits
- English 11 or equivalent 10 credits
- English 12 or equivalent 10 credits
SOCIAL STUDIES - 30 credits
- 10 credits of World History
- 10 credits of U.S. History
- 5 credits of American Government
- 5 credits of Economics
MATHEMATICS - 20 credits
- Integrated Math 1 or Algebra I is the minimum math requirement for graduation.
SCIENCE - 20 credits
- Must include 10 credits of a Biological Science and 10 credits of a Physical Science
PHYSICAL EDUCATION - 20 credits
All freshmen are required to take physical education. Students will be required to take physical education sophomore year if they didn’t pass 5 of the 6 state physical fitness standards their freshman year.
WORLD LANGUAGE OR VISUAL & PERFORMING ARTS (VAPA) - 10 credits
- Students must earn a total of 10 credits from courses offered by the World Language or VAPA Departments.
HEALTH - 5 credits (Note: For the class of 2018 and 2019, Health was included in the PE 9 curriculum)
ELECTIVES - 75 credits (Note: For the class of 2018 and 2019, the Elective requirement is 80 credits)
NOTE: Any senior in jeopardy of failing core classes during the final term and not graduating WILL not be allowed to participate in senior activities. These include, but are not limited to senior trip, senior BBQ, senior breakfast, senior dinner, and senior sunset.