If you have questions, after reading below contact Mr. Van Steyn at firstname.lastname@example.org
Failure to provide required information WILL delay the processing of the permit application.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ’s):
· A permit is required for anyone under the age of 18 who has not received a high school diploma. Exceptions are irregular work events such as baby sitting.
· A permit is required for summer employment
· A permit is required even if you work for your parents
· Students under the age of 18 may not work in jobs using mechanized or power equipment and may not drive as a job requirement (ie. delivery person)
· Students under the age of 18 must be supervised by an adult while in the workplace
1. All Work Permits issued during school and summer expire on August 18, 2016 and must be re-issued at the beginning of the school year, for the on-going school year. Complete the application following the instructions listed below: Work permit applications need a minimum of one day to process.
2. Applications may be turned into Mrs. Crane in room 71 before school, at lunch or after school. Applications will NOT be accepted during class time. Allow a minimum of one day to process and issue permit. Make sure parent and employer have signed the application.
3. All blanks on permit application must be completed and filled in or application will not be processed. Students must use a street address, not a P.O Box and must include a phone number (cell number is okay)
4. A social security number MUST be provided for a Work Permit to be issued.
5. Work Permits will not be issued to students until all current charges are cleared.
6. Students must have and maintain a 2.0 GPA to be issued a permit. Most recent semester grades will be checked for GPA verification.
7. Students with excessive tardies, or absences will not be issued a Work Permit until cleared by a Vice-Principal. Student’s grades and attendance must remain in good standing for a student to retain their Work Permit once it has been issued.
8. Employer Information:
- Employer must provide name of Workmen’s Compensation Insurer
- Employer must provide information on student employee’s job duties
Permit processing during summer:
9. Permit requirements are the same as 1-9 above.
10. During the summer, permit applications will be collected and processed on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Student may submit an application any day of the week but must return the following Monday or Thursday after 11:00 am to pick up completed permit.
11. Anyone may drop off student’s permit application but student must pick up in person since student’s signature is required on the completed permit.
12. GHS office will open Mon – Thurs 8:00 am – 4:00 pm during the summer. Closed Fridays.